Repairing a tyre is not as straightforward as you first might think.
At A & M Tyres, Wigan, all our Tyre and puncture repairs are covered by a British Standard — BSAU159f:1990 — which splits repairs into two categories – minor repairs and major repairs.
The British Standard also defines limits to the location, size and number of repairs that can be carried out and makes recommendations also on the repair materials to be used.
A tyre must always be checked thoroughly before it is repaired.
If the tyre displays any of the following, it should not be repaired:
- Illegal tread depth (below 1.6mm across the central ¾ of the tyre tread throughout the entire circumference)
- Run flat damage – breakdown of the tyre’s structural integrity
- Secondary damage – caused by the injuring object
- Ageing/deterioration of tyre rubber
- Bead damage
- Exposed cords
- Faulty/poor previous repairs
- Inspection is vital – if you have any doubts about whether or not a tyre should be repaired, do not repair it.
Don’t take a chance with puncture repairs in Wigan, choose A&M Tyres Wigan for professional and friendly service at a price you can afford.